Enterprise Hertfordshire Limited (“Enterprise Hertfordshire”), owns and operates the web site www.enterpriseherts.org.uk (the “Site”) and is the sole owner of the information collected on the Site. Enterprise Hertfordshire is a company registered in England and Wales (company number: 12560765), whose registered office address is at Great North Business Centre, 82 Great North Road, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5BL, United Kingdom.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), Enterprise Hertfordshire is the controller in relation to your data. We are registered as a controller with the UK’s supervisory authority: Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under registration number ZA526103. You can confirm our registration here: www.ico.org.uk
The lawful bases we rely on
Under the GDPR there are six lawful bases under which organisations can collect, use and store personal data. We have identified four which we rely upon for our business activities: Legitimate Interests. Consent, Contractual and Legal Obligation.
Legitimate Interests - for some of our activities we rely on our legitimate business interests to collect and use personal data. We specifically rely on Legitimate Interests to:
send you marketing communications about our products and services.
enable you to purchase products and services via our Marketplace
personalise the marketing content we provide you.
undertake business sales and advertising activities
research publicly available business contact details
Contractual - - in some circumstances we rely on the lawful basis of "performance of a contract", this enables us to respond to you when you express an interest in purchasing products and services via the Site and to fulfil any requests.
Consent - in some circumstances we rely on your specific consent, whereby you actively agree and "opt-in". Note: you can withdraw you consent at any time.
Legal Obligation - there will be circumstances under which we are legally obliged to hold your personal data or required to disclose it to a third party by law.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
• We may receive your personal data from third parties such as mailing list providers, analytics providers such as Google, advertising networks such as Facebook, search information providers, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, data brokers and aggregators.
• We may collect data about you by you providing the data directly to us (for example, by you registering on our site, creating an account, filling in forms on our site, by sending us emails or through telephone calls with you). We may also automatically collect certain data from you as you use our website by using cookies and similar technologies.
If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from us, please click the unsubscribe button on any communication received or contact us to request this. If you wish to object to our reliance on Legitimate Interests for any reason, please let us know.
When we collect your personal data we will include a specific notice to inform you and give you choices about future direct marketing communications from us. We will only send you direct marketing communications when:
• we believe we can demonstrate a legitimate business interest and have balanced this with your interests and privacy OR
• You have provided your consent (e.g. created an account, ticked a box or clicked a "button" to submit a form)
We collect personal data from you when you enquire about or request a product or service directly from us. The information we routinely collect will include your contact details (e.g. name, email address, phone number and postal address).
1.Agents, Consultants, and Related Third Parties. Enterprise Hertfordshire, like many businesses, partners with other companies to perform certain business-related functions. We may use third party companies to provide, for example, ecommerce services such as those needed for operating our Marketplace. For mailing services, social media posting, database management, payment processing and identity verification.
When you register for the Site, we will only share your Personal Data, such as your name and email address, necessary for the third party to provide such services. Those third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose. Other than the agents, consultants and related third parties described above, Enterprise Hertfordshire will not share, rent or trade Personal Data with any third parties for their promotional purposes.
2. Legal Requirements. We reserve the right to disclose your Personal data as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us or our Site.
Enterprise Hertfordshire may also disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) protect and defend the rights or property of Enterprise Hertfordshire, (ii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or (iii) protect against legal liability.
3. Consent. Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal Data may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
If your Personal Data changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by making the change on the Site. Alternatively, you may email us or contact us by telephone or regular mail at the contact information listed below.
4. External Links. Our Site provides links to various third party websites. However, even if a third-party affiliation exists between our site and that destination site, we do not exercise authority over these linked sites, each of which maintains their own independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures.
When you use a link to go from our website to another website, our Privacy Notice no longer applies. Your browsing and interaction on any other website or your dealings with any other third party service provider, is subject to that website's or third party service provider's own rules and notices/policies. We do not monitor, control, or endorse the information collection or privacy practices of any third parties. This Notice applies solely to Information collected by us through our website or services and does not apply to these third party websites and third party service providers.
6. Children: Enterprise Hertfordshire respects the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. We do not direct any of our content or services, not do we knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not submit any Personal Data through the Site. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Data to Enterprise Hertfordshire through the Site, please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
7. Security: We employ reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the personal Data under our control. Personal Data is stored in a secured database and always sent via an encrypted SSL protocol when supported by your browser. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from the Site may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
8. Opt-Out: We provide you the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask you for this information. For example, when you register for the Site, if you do not wish to receive any additional material or notifications from us, please unsubscribe to any marketing messages received or write to us or telephone.
Great North Business Centre
82 Great North Road
Hatfield AL9 5BL
Call us: 01707 377158 or 07531 591739
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing your cookies
You can choose to disable your web browser's ability to accept cookies. Please note that if you choose to do this, you may not be able to access or take advantage of many features of the service such as the Marketplace and parts of the website may not work properly.
You can control how cookies are set within your browser settings. Each browser is different so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you want to learn more about cookies, or how to control or delete them, you may also visit: www.allaboutcookies.org. You may also wish to review the guidance provided by the Information Commissioner's Office https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/